[Lista ArNOG] Fwd: [lacnog] Fwd: Root Zone Trust Anchors updated

Federico Torga ftorga en gmail.com
Vie Feb 3 19:09:38 ART 2017

Draft Timeline

These times are subject to change based on operational considerations.

   - *October 27, 2016:* KSK rollover process begins as the new KSK is
   generated.
   - *July 11, 2017:* Publication of new KSK in DNS.
   - *September 19, 2017:* Size increase for DNSKEY response from root name
   servers.
   - *October 11, 2017:* New KSK begins to sign the root zone key set (the
   actual rollover event).
   - *January 11, 2018:* Revocation of old KSK.
   - *March 22, 2018:* Last day the old KSK appears in the root zone.
   - *August 2018:* Old key is deleted from equipment in both ICANN Key
   Management Facilities.